1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper and gift bags — I like to mix it up a bit.
2. Real tree or artificial? Always a real tree - none of this plastic nonsense. Though trudging through mud to choose the “right one” and the many arguments that follow about why the tree you’ve chosen looks “lame” — maybe plastic aint so bad after all?
3. When do you put up your tree? When the kids nagging finally gets to me! Usually the same day we go and get said tree.
4. When do you take the tree down? Before we go on holidays. One year, in our rush to get packed and leave for holidays, we forgot. When we retuned home two weeks later we were greeted at the door by “Eu De Dead Tree” the floor was covered in pine needles. Great stuff.
5. Do you like eggnog? Egg what?
6. Favourite gift received as a child? Train set. Gotta love those trains.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? No, but I have always been tempted to flog one of the camels from the life size nativity set on Carlingford Rd (you know the one) — one of those would look wicked in my backyard!
8. Hardest person to buy for? My Mum & dad.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My wife.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Not sure, nothing comes to mind really.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Well my wife still sends mail Christmas cards, but I tend towards the email variety.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Cant think of the name of it, but you know the one where Arnie Schwarzenegger has to get his kid a certain toy and there is only one left on the shelf. A fight breaks out and there is lots of biffo. Great stuff. The Polar Express is kinda cool as well.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually a week before, although this year we are a little more organised and I can officially say we are done.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I’m not saying anything as it may incriminate me…
15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Prawns and any other seafood.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Being a more traditional, understated kind of chap, I prefer clear lights. Having said that, it’s more to do with what works when I pull all the decorations out of the garage…
17. Favorite Christmas song? “All I Want For Christmas Is You”. Not the Mariah Carey version, but the one from the movie Love Actually. Great stuff.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home for Christmas, Holidays afterwards.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Everybody knows that Santa no longer uses reindeer! Due to Occupational Health & Safety and environmental concerns, Santa now uses a battery powered, carbon neutral, environmentally friendly sleigh. The reindeers have been put out to pasture!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Normally we are still wrapping them at 2am so I guess you could say we both wrap and open them on Christmas morning!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Shops, crowds, noise and traffic.
23. What is the “corniest” family tradition you do, or miss doing? Leave carrots, milk and cookies out for Santa and his reindeers, though by virtue of point 19, this year we will be leaving out a glass of port and some D size batteries.
24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? Those robotic reindeer and Santas.
25. Which looks the best, theme trees or homey trees? Homey! Peace out.
26. What does Christmas mean to you? “Kid born in feed trough saves world!”